max713, Lawyer
Experience:  I am responsive, respectful, and relentless.

Im retired military with over 20 yrs in the Army. My ex husband

I'm retired military with over 20 yrs in the Army. My ex husband receives 1/2 of my retirement every month. He served over 16 yrs in the Army and didn't retire. How do I find out if my ex husband has remarried?

max713 :

Hi. I thank you for choosing Justanswer for your legal question(s). My role as expert is to provide you with utmost service through providing legal information that is honest and truthful (and not overly rosy in nature). Notably, I do not provide advice.

max713 :

In Texas, assuming you know which county he lives in, you can go to the clerk's office to request a copy of his marriage license.

max713 :

A faster method, and possibly the only one available when the requester is not the party having married, is to search through the public record where he's located in order to locate the marriage through the marriage index.

max713 :

For your reference, this is a sample marriage index (for Burnet County).

max713 :

And, this lists the public records sites from the different counties in Texas:

max713 :

If you have any further questions, or clarification is needed to fully understand my information, please do not hesitate to respond and ask any questions on your mind. Remember, I am here to provide you with the best possible service, so I want you to ask follow up questions until you are fully satisfied with my service to you. Thank you.

Thank you for your help. Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.