Joseph
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator

I want to revoke temporary guardianship from my parents. At

I want to revoke temporary guardianship from my parents. At the time I had nowhere to live and no job. 3 yrs has passed ive held a job for over a year, lived in the same place for 2. Got married, and help raise my step-son. I no longer live in Ky where it was filed with a judge, Im now in FL. Now Im ready and able to care for her my parents wont give her up. What do I need to do to show the court Im ready and that my child would be better off with her mother?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.

As the guardianship went through the court system, any changes or modifications would need to go through the court system as well. The easiest way to handle this would be to retain a family law attorney in Kentucky. The attorney could file for a modification of the guardianship and could argue the matter for you, thereby helping to ensure the best possible result.

.
I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im sorry, Im well aware that It would be easier to just get a lawyer In Ky, the problem with that is that they would want me in there office. And to travel back and forth so much would put a hardship on my family and my job. What I need is what information do I need to hand the judge to prove Im a good mother.

Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.

Actually, if you hired an attorney, you could handle much of the communications via the phone and the internet. I actually represent several clients from other states, all without them stepping foot into my office.

.

As to proving you are a good mother, you would want to focus on the things you mentioned above. If you now have a place to live, you could provide proof such as a mortgage, a lease agreement or even utility bills. If you've had the same job for a year, you could use your paystubs or your tax returns. If you have married, you could have your spouse come to court. In fact, the testimony of the spouse could help you establish all of these things and help demonstrate that you have improved your life and are now prepared to be an appropriate parent for your child.

.
.
.
.

Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Experience: I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator