AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
66829710

I have a three year old, the father never helped with money,&

I have a three year old, the father never helped with money,& he saw our son only once when he turned 2yrs. He moved to Florida a few months ago & we live in Virginia. I recently got sole custody and applied for child support & last week he offered to send money. Should I take the money? I'm sure its not more than $100-200.00 will it affect child support decisions and lower the amount because he will prove that he gave me money willingly, even though its only once?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
Hello! The money that he gives will just be credited against any payment that is ordered. I would accept the money so that he cannot come into court and state that he offered and you refused. What you will need to argue is that you still want an order for the full amount and the 100-200 he gives you can be credited against the first payment.

Hope that helps. If you have further questions please ask.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you!!

you are very welcome