Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I want to seek a divorce. I have been established resident

I want to seek a divorce. I have been established resident in FL for over 6 months now, we were married in MD and my wife still resides in MD. Can I file for divorce here and just serve her the papers if it is no contest?
Hi

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer. I will be the Pro who will provide you information today.

You ask: Can I file for divorce here and just serve her the papers if it is no contest?

Answer:

Yes. You can file in the state where you have lived for at least 6 months and have established your residency, You will then serve the other party. You can get the forms to file from the Clerk of the Court in the county where you live.

Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask.

And I think I have answered your question. But if you need more information, please let me know. by posting it here.

Otherwise, please rate this service below Good to Excellent so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close the question and it will always be available for follow ups. A Rating will only close a CHAT and then convert it to a QA where you can always access it.

Thank You and good luck with everything

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will she have to travel to FL or will there need to be a court date?

Hi

As the Complaintant, you ae the only party who will have to appear at the hearing.

You said it was Uncontested. So there is no need for her to travel or be present

Thank You and good luck with everything