Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My husband went and talked to lawyer . He did not hire him.

My husband went and talked to lawyer . He did not hire him. However he did tell him his belief that I am a high functioning borderline personality disorder. He told the attorney his story and feels he cannot trust me to be in charge of our children. He is asking full custody. I am a good mother with a steady job. I have never abused or neglected the kids. I am not a drug abuser. He grows medical marijuana in our bedroom closet and I have smoked pot as well, but stopped. I want joint custody and. 50/ 50 visitation. What are his chances of gaining full custody? He just quit his long distance job and is asking me to move out of the home. I am not mentally ill, but I have made some bad choices. But not in regards XXXXX XXXXX kids. I guess u could say I have if you consider my affair which could be construed as hurtful to my kids. But they knew nothing about it until husband told my son
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer. I will be the Pro who will provide you information in this regard today

I am sorry to hear that your spouse is trying to use things against you and try to keep you from a custody situation

I suggest that you do not have to leave the home and you should not, unless you are ordered by a court to do so. Stay and do what you normally do to care for the children

I suggest also that courts would prefer an joint 50/50 split situation where possible
And that while your spouse may try to use past behavior against you, the court will only consider it for so long and even if you had an affair, as long as it was not in front of the children a court will be very limited in how they hold that against you, if at all

I think I have answered your question. Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask.

Otherwise, please rate this service below Good to Excellent so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close the question and it will always be available for follow ups. A Rating will only close a CHAT and then convert it to a QA where you can always access it.

Thank You and good luck with everything
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He believes that that I am still lying to him. And I have looked for a place and was going to leave twice before. But this time I do not want to leave the home. I am so scared of him getting full custody! I do tend to flip flop on what I say. Oftentimes I will say one thing and end up doing another, but still, I am a good mother. I have argued many times in front if kids despite him telling me to stop. He says that I am verbally abusive, but he is the one that calls me degrading names when he is angry. I have put him through alot, but I feel I have been too. I understand why he doesn't trust me, but these are our children we are talking about. The affair was 4 1/2 years ago. Just a few weeks ago I said I was dedicated to my family. In regards XXXXX XXXXX our marriage work, but we have been arguing alot and last week after a blowup over something small I said I wanted out. We were both wrong and it was silly. He decided to sit down with my 10 yr old son and tell him how I come from a long line of women who sh*t on their husbands and how my mother is in prison for embezzlement. Then I said i wanted out. What is the best thing I can do right now? Im not sure what you would say if you heard his side of the story. He's a good dad and im a good mom. I do not want to keep kids away from him, but even though he said he's not trying to from them from me even though it seems like it with the full custody thing.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for your follow up and your patience in waiting for my response

I suggest that whatever happens you should try not to argue in front of the children or others. They can be used as witnesses and without witnesses it is always your word against his

As I stated, you do not have to leave unless he has a Court Order to do so. And you don't want to leave your children which could play against you. And, I suggest further, that you do not want eruption in your home where he may decide to call the police and possibly have you removed from the home.

Thank You and good luck with everything