Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

I received the family home in the divorce. He received a rental

Customer Question

I received the family home in the divorce. He received a rental property. Expenses for both were jointly accumulated and the court ordered divorce awarded me A non taxable settlement, payable weekly for the next 10 years or until I die, he dies , or I re- marry or have a supportive whatever as defined by the law.

I recently moved alone, into a home owned by my daughter. She moved into mine. I am staying in her home , she is staying in mine. I pay my home mortgage and she pays hers. I am still legally a resident in my home, she in hers...we just live in each others houses. They are in the same city.

Will this effect my x spousal settlement payments?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for posting your questions at Just Answer. I am the Pro who will be providing you information

As long as you are alive and do not re married or live with anyone who can be shown to helping you out financially, you can live where you want and if it is a lesser amount or higher amount in mortgage or rent, living expenses, etc I suggest it will not affect your settlement.

The only way it can be affected is with those conditions that you list.

I think I have answered your question. Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask.

Otherwise, please rate this service below Good to Excellent so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close the question and it will always be available for follow ups. A Rating will only close a CHAT and then convert it to a QA where you can always access it.

Thank You and good luck with everything
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I see that you have given me a BAD service rating and I am sure that must be in error as the information I have provide you is true and correct

If you have another question please ask it so that we may be clear there is no need to give a Poor Rating when you have follow ups or when the answer is true and correct

Thank You and good luck with everything

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have used this service before and have even very satisfied. You just repeated my ? I will not pay
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Here is what you asked

Should I only answer with a simple NO?

I was further explaining what you stated.

If you have other questions let me know, but dont give me a Bad Rating because you don't want to pay. That's not fair. I answered your question. If you have more I need to know. I cannot guess what you need to know.

Thank You and good luck with everything