Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.

ok im my husbands payee now (not his mom in nv). social security

Customer Question

ok im my husbands payee now (not his mom in nv). social security told us Barneys mom doesn't have power oattny but she's handled it all w/nv paralegal so she will make sure she appears in court cuz paperwork goes to her address not ours. wen p/office returned certified divorce docs on 3/27/13 how do we intervene & im his wife so i shld hv legal rites to make sure his mom doesn't intervene! i feel my husband was scamed out of his $ & dis paralegal shld reimburse him cuz she wudnt talk to him after he said he wants to stop annulmt & he's back w/his wife in CA! she said come into my office, Then ill talk to you!! Then she RUDELY hung up! he pd close if not over $1,000 & even last yr the papers even got lost so delayed even further (which now worked was in our favor)!!
i think dis paralegal purposedly stalled it so it wud go b4 judge ss the mom is making sure she doesn't talk to barney or me(his wife & payee)!!

i hope you can see his mom has controlled him & didn't like dat i stood up to her & fought for him cuz i know legal issues to a point (my husbands Ben in special ed classed up to 12th grade. ss tested him & all dat wrong is he's "slow" w/a mental comprehension level of a 4th grader. he's Not stupid its just she's kept him in a bubble for 40 yrs & has put fear/demeaning/put him dawn so
she's never cut the biblical cord & wants none other than her to be in his life.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question, and thank you very kindly for requesting me to assist you further. Please allow me to do so today.

I am a bit unclear so I will try to follow the issue. A paralegal cannot go in front of the judge--a paralegal is not an attorney and cannot represent anyone in court. Doing so would be considered 'unauthorized practice of law' and is against state and federal regulations. As for having him come to the office, that is her prerogative, while most legal professionals do not work that way, some do. The whole issue sounds very shady. I also realize that you have other concerns but I am having difficulty reading your question and understanding the situation. Could you clarify and restate whatever other concerns you brought up that I did not touch upon? Thank you!