Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

a 19 year old female has been abused when she was 10/11 by

a 19 year old female has been abused when she was 10/11 by a 14/15 year old now 24
in NJ what is the statute of limitations and right for the female victim
Hello, my name is Ely. Welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) my function is to give you honest information and not necessarily to tell you what you wish to hear. Note: there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

The statute of limitations may be divided into two parts - civil and criminal.

Civilly, the victim has until 20 years of age to file a lawsuit. However, this is EXTENDED if she repressed her memory, and only reasonably has un-repressed it later on. If so, the statute of limitation tolls for this period.

In other words, a civil complaint may still be brought.

Under 2C: 14-2b,c, any penetration can be an aggravated sexual assault. An actor is guilty of sexual assault if he commits an act of sexual contact with a victim who is less than 13 years old and the actor is at least 4 years older than the victim. It seems that he was older. Even without any penetration, this may still be seen as Aggravated Criminal Sexual Contact.

There is no statute of limitations on sexual assault in New Jersey.

Prosecutions for criminal sexual contact may be brought within 5 years after the victim reaches age 18, or within two years following the reasonable discovery of the offense by the victim, whichever is later. § 2C:1-6(b)(4).

In other words, a criminal charge may still be brought.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Good luck.

IMPORTANT: Please use REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces before submitting the rating, because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups free after rating. My ultimate goal is your complete satisfaction.
Thank you for your generosity.