Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

In January 2012 I filed a motion for modification of child

Customer Question

In January 2012 I filed a motion for modification of child support. The Court required that I file the correct forms which I did. The final correspondence was that I submit $50 fee to cover a shortage. I sent that immediately. Since then I have not heard anything regarding the case.
The motion asked the court to change the distribution of the weekly payments of $175, not the amount. I have been supporting my daughter Erin while she has lived with me for over 2 years. She attends college, works part time and I do not ask for rent, utilities or grocery money. My youngest daughter, Briana, lives with her mother. I asked to continue support for Briana but stop payment on Erin. I requested that the funds be applied, instead, toward arrears that I owe.
I remember reading in the instructions for the forms not to call the Clerk to ask about the status of the case. I have heard nothing though. I don't know if the motion was dismissed, thrown out of court, if the $50 fee didn't make it by the deadline or what the judges ruling may have been.
Should I call? File again?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.

I am the Pro who will be providing you with information in this regard.

How long ago was the additional paperwork filed - what is that date please?