Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Do you know the "skinny" on a credit repairing company called"Lexington

Do you know the "skinny" on a credit repairing company called"Lexington Law Firm" and do these firms do any good?
Thank you for the information you are seeking. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

This firm has several complaints with the BBB, but like every firm that offers to help consumers resolve debt, they cannot really do anything that you as the debtor cannot do yourself. They cannot make debt go away and all they can do is negotiate payments with the creditor. They are not allowed to charge you any fees up front for their services, this is against the Federal Trade Commission regulations, so if they are charging you payments for their services before they have achieved any results, this is improper.

Furthermore, you should not be paying any money to anyone until you have the written information on how they have resolved your debts for you and how they have reduced their payments. The firm is not allowed to take their payment until they have resolved these debts and more and more credit companies are refusing to deal with these debt settlement companies.

However, as far as debt repair assistance companies go, the Lexington Law Firm has a very good rating with the Better Business Bureau (an "A-") which means that they are resolving any consumer complaints against them. But you just need to beware that all these companies do is contact your creditors and seek to negotiate stopping interest from accruing and negotiate a smaller monthly payment and payoff on the debt and they can only do this with creditors who are willing to negotiate with them.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with "For PaulMJD..."