Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

**TX** A and B divorce with child C. A got fired from work

**TX**

A and B divorce with child C. A got fired from work and can no longer pay child support. What should A do?

FiveStarLaw :

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

FiveStarLaw :

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

FiveStarLaw :

A should immediately file for modification to the child support order.

FiveStarLaw :

A can file for modification to the child support order to reflect A's current income or lack of income.

Child support is subject to modification at any time there is a substantial change in financial circumstances of either the parents or the child. Until the court grants the modification you will need to continue to make your regularly-scheduled payments

FiveStarLaw :

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have when you return on line.

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.