Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.

We were married in CA for 21/2 yrs & last 9/12; my husband

We were married in CA for 21/2 yrs & last 9/12; my husband moved back with his mother in Nv; & he filed an annulment in Reno, NV. I didn't know i was going to be an annulment; thought it was going to be a divorce; so I made it impossible for husband to find me (in CA); but now my husband is back with me as of 3/2013; & wants to make our marriage work. He wants to stop the annulment but his paralegal who did his paperwork won't talk to him (she wants him to come into office which is in NV). My husband stated he's in CALIFORNIA back with his wife; & they didn't want to talk to him on the phone & HUNG UP on him!! I went to post office to p/up the divorce/annullment papers but post office already sent papers back. MY HUSBAND WANTS TO STOP ANNULMENT; what do we do now cause we don't want this to finalize!!

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

My apologies but please allow me to provide you with a bit of good news. Annulments, much like divorces, require at least one party to appear in court and confirm the petition request. If neither of you appear in court, judges do not grant annulments. Instead, judge will simply set aside the petition and if time goes on, they end up dismissing it outright. So if your spouse does not appear, judges will not grant the annulment. In this case, if there s no court hearing yet, and you wish to avoid a decision, the best option may well be to do nothing since the courts will not grant it without a formal court appearance.

Good luck.