N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

Please give me the name and phone number of a retired Jag officer

Please give me the name and phone number of a retired Jag officer practing family law in the Bay Area

Your interest in the pension basically equals: years of marriage during service, over years of service, times 1/2.

For example if he was in the service for 5 years prior to a 10 year marriage and then served another 5 years, the community is entitled to 1/2 the pension and you would be entitled to 1/2 the community interest,

We can not recommend a specific attorney.

If you want a former JAG or a lawyer who is licensed in military courts, you can find them listed by location at
http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestatemetro/Military-Law/California/San-Francisco

However, pensions are commonly divided in dissolution of marriage cases whether or not they are military pensions. Military courts do not hear divorce cases, they are heard in California Superior Court.

You can get a free consultation from some of the dissolution of marriage attorneys listed by location at
http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/Divorce/California

There is an overview of the relevant laws posted here.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thank you for accepting my answer.