Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

Will I be looked upon as uncooperative or troublesome by the

Will I be looked upon as uncooperative or troublesome by the judge if I change counsel after six months?
My attorney is well regarded but I am not feeling safe in regards XXXXX XXXXX many mediated sessions in which I appear to be caving to all demands. Could be strategy. Don't know. What I do know is that my spouse has broken countless MSA agreements without repercussion. (The latest is refusing to pay my support).
I have broken none of the agreements.
Presently, I am flat broke and unemployed while he continues running (our jointly owned) business.
Both attorneys are encouraging the sale of my home. I have no place to go and no money to go there with if I did. (He is out of the house because of assault)
I am baffled by all of these decisions supposedly made to my benefit.
I do not want to to mess up my case by appearing to stall in the eyes of the judge. Also, I have no money to hire another attorney.
What can I do?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Not really. You have the right to hire and fire new counsel--the issue becomes as to whether or not it is being done to intentionally delay or not.

I have broken none of the agreements.
What can I do?
This is a bit different than your original concern, if you cannot hire a new attorney, it is tough to seek a continuance to do so. You can potentially go 'pro se', that is, self-representing. Or you can contact local groups such as LegalAid and see if you qualify for an attorney at a reduced fee or even pro-bono.

Good luck.