Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator

my husband has filed a stolen property police report against

my husband has filed a stolen property police report against me for marital property that he said I could have and that ha been in my sole possession since December 2012. It was only when I had delivered to an auction house for auction that he filed th epolice report. What can I do for myself as I have no money for an attorney, which the auction was going to help me get one.
Good evening. I am a Florida attorney practicing in the areas of criminal and family law. I just need a bit of clarification. Have you divorced or are you still married? Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We are still married, but I have filed.

Are you living separate? If so, for how long? Also, do you have anything to confirm that he gave the item to you? What was the item of property? Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have been living separately since January 2013. I told him I wanted a divorce in front of our marriage therapist and he said" I will give you $2,000 a month alimony, $5,000 start up cash and you can have everything, I don't want any of it." Now that I have arranged this auctioned so I can get some funds for an attoney due to the fact the he has also closed our joint bank account out and wont fund an attorney for me and I do not work out side the home and have not for the entire time of our marriage 27yrs. He is not being fair after all this time.

Please understand that this is hugely speculative. However, based on my experience, I can tell you that law enforcement officers are reluctant to get involved in matters like this.

As the two of you are married, anything you have accumulated in the past 27 years would be considered marital in nature, meaning you each have an equal interest in any such property. This would likely include the property in question. If you tell the officer about the marriage and that this marital property was given to you, it is quite unlikely that the police will do anything. You need to keep in mind that they need to believe that they can establish, beyond a reasonable doubt, that you stole this property. With 27 years of marriage in mind, this would be a nearly impossible burden.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need an answer to my question now and im tired of waiting.
I believe I did answer the question. Was there something I missed? Thank you.