Joseph
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator
18539850

my wife file a petition for dissolution of non-covenant marriage

my wife file a petition for dissolution of non-covenant marriage with minor children two weeks after file the petition she went to Idaho to live with her boyfriend a week after she come back because the relationship dint work out and now she file for a default in family court case involving minor children trying to get custody of our child now after we got a written custody agreement sign what can I do to keep custody of my child ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
I'm a family law attorney and I'd be happy to help. I need a bit of clarification before proceeding. If you have a signed "custody agreement", then why is she seeking a default? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

she change her mind about custody agreement after her boyfriend change his main on there relationship and send her back to arizona

Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.

Did the child go with her to Idaho? If so, was this with your consent? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no my kid staid with me in Arizona and docent want to live with her

Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest that you have an excellent chance of prevailing on the custody issue. I say this as her leaving to go to Idaho and leaving the child behind makes it look like the boyfriend was more important to her than the child. That being the case, my thought would be for you to focus on this issue. Simply make sure that the judge is aware that she left and that she left the child in your care during that time. As such, she clearly believes you to be a fit and proper parent for the child.

.
I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was already thinking about doing that . I was hopping to find a more solid and assuring way to go about ..sorry I love my kid and don't want to loss custody but if it is nothing more I THANK YOU for you responds and I will rate you answer so you can get pay thanks

Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.

My apologies, but we are limited as to what we may provide on this site. Pursuant to the terms of service, we may not provide actual legal advice, this would come too close to creating an attorney/client relationship. Instead, we provide some general information and guidance. Additionally, the only proper way to provide a strategy would be through actual representation. It is only then that an attorney can get the thorough understanding of a case necessary to make strategy decisions.

.
.
.
.

Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Experience: I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator