Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I dont need Estate Law I need Legal for family problems--I

I don't need Estate Law I need Legal for family problems--I talked to an attorney on this site last evening and I have a new development that had occured today with the same family son who is cruel and inhuman to hisparents and my sister is not allowed to talk to any family members now---how can that cruel son do this to hisparents and get by with it---what can I do until I get to the court house as was suggested to me last evening---this is a very serious matter--please respond---the court house is not open until Monday
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Question: I don't need Estate Law I need Legal for family problems--I talked to an attorney on this site last evening and I have a new development that had occured today with the same family son who is cruel and inhuman to hisparents and my sister is not allowed to talk to any family members now---how can that cruel son do this to hisparents and get by with it---what can I do until I get to the court house as was suggested to me last evening---this is a very serious matter--please respond---the court house is not open until Monday

Response: Hello, I am just seeing your post now. I am truly sorry that things have gotten worse since we last communicated. Unfortunately and regrettably, if the son is not allowing access to family members, you would need to go to Court first thing Monday morning and file emergency motion for access to your sister and her husband. Unfortunately, if you call the Police, the Police would tell you to go to Court to resolve your issues because this is a civil matter. Nonetheless, the Police should be called right away to check in on them if you think that their safety is at stake. You may also contact elder abuse hotline in Kansas where they are currently residing so that someone can check in on them today since their son is not allowing any access to them.

http://www.kdheks.gov/bhfr/elder_abuse_hotlines.html

Please let me know if you need additional information.