Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney

Is it possible for both sets of grandparents to have joint

Is it possible for both sets of grandparents to have joint or shared custody of their grandchildren?
Dear JACUSTOMER - Anything is possible if all parties are in agreement as to the parenting plan. Most courts would prefer that the children have a stable home and are not packing up and moving every other week as I would assume the grandparents wouldn't be willing to swap houses every week or so. Therefore you would have to have some reasonable arrangement so the children have a stable home life and also that both sets of grandparents are involved in their lives and decision making. If there is disagreement then the court is likely to choose one set of grandparents for custody and the other for visitation rights based on the best interests of the children. I am assuming that the parents are either not in the picture or are in agreement as well.