schollomon
schollomon, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney in Houston, Texas. I specialize in family,employment, personal injury and workers' compensation law.
14255768

Can I write a will simply at home and put it in an envelope? Who

Can I write a will simply at home and put it in an envelope?
Who needs to be involved if I want to write a will and I have money in 3 different countries.?

schollomon :

If you have a simple, straightforward estate, and an uncomplicated family situation, then it is possible that you can effectively write your own will.

The most common way to make a will in order to dispose of property located in France, is to write the will on blank paper and add a signature to the text. The will is put in an envelope by a notary, who registers it in the French will database. Such a will must be made in France. To dispose of immovable property in France, the will can be made in the country of residence of the testator, according to his/her local laws; however, such a will is only valid in France after an official translation into French.

Again, I note that it is always best to hire a lawyer to write your will. An experienced lawyer can make sure you cover all your bases which can help avoid family confusion and disagreements after you're gone as well as ensure that your intent is properly carried out.

Thank you for the positive rating and I am glad you found the information useful. Please let me know if I can assist you in the future. You can request me by name. Best wishes to you!