Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

if I prepaid money several years ago for child support and

Customer Question

if I prepaid money several years ago for child support and they owe me money but used my evidece i broought to court to use for him and they have garnished disability payments, since the are not a governmemt entity what recourse do i have
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Wendy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sure any assistance is worth the wait
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Regards,

Wendy
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your inquiry! I have been practicing family law for 17+ years and have specific experience with issues like yours. That being said...

Can you please clarify:

if I prepaid money several years ago for child support To who? The custodial parent? Did you mark the checks as "for child support"?

and they owe me money Who is "they"?

but used my evidecei broought to court What evidence?

to use for him Are you saying your evidence was better for "him" than you?

and they have garnished disability payments, Whose disability? Yours? And who did the garnishing?

since the are not a governmemt entity what recourse do i havePlease clarify the above so we can see what is going on here.

Thank you,

Alexia Esq.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am disabled but left her to live her l;ast 5 years during high school because I thought it best for her not to have to move and have a stable enviroment. then child support was usually paid to each other but I do have cancelled checks as proof. Sicne dcss in a non government entity it seems that since they actually owe me money and i am still ahead with my ex although he has not been truthful that since i have been forced to exist on a little obver 250 a month which is a true hardship for 5 months and they have continually given me nothing but constant court appearances even though i have furnished them many times with evidence and last time the used my evidence for him when he brouight nothing to court I feel there is an element of discrimination . Not to mention the other extras i try to do to make her have special memories.
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 1 year ago.
PLEASE SEE BELOW: THERE ARE LETTERED QUESTIONS (A-D) I ASK THAT YOU ANSWER, AND FURTHER BELOW, THE NUMBERED QUESTIONS (1-7) I STILL NEED YOU TO ANSWER. PLEASE USE THE LETTERS AND NUMBERS WHEN YOU ANSWER, SO I KNOW WHICH QUESTION YOU ARE ANSWERING:

i am disabled but left her to live her l;ast 5 years during high school because I thought it best for her not to have to move and have a stable enviroment. then child support was usually paid to each other but I do have cancelled checks as proof.

(A) Of all payments due, PLUS extra?
(B) And all those payments say "for child support" on the checks?

Then it may prove you are not in arrears.

Sicne dcss in a non government entity If you are referring to a state child support agency, that IS a government agency, actually.

it seems that since they actually owe me money
(C) Are you saying you paid to the STATE the child support?
(D) Or to the ex? If it was to the ex, then know, the State does not actually owe you anything.

and i am still ahead with my ex although he has not been truthful that since i have been forced to exist on a little obver 250 a month which is a true hardship for 5 months and they have continually given me nothing but constant court appearances even though i have furnished them many times with evidence If you have not officially filed your evidence with a motion or opposition to a motion, that it is not the kind of furnishing that will matter. You need to do it officially.

and last time the used my evidence for him when he brouight nothing to court If they used it for him, that would mean it helped his case and hurt your own. For instance, if you say, I paid 12 months worth of full child support payments, but only bring proof of 3 months, that actually tends to make them believe you really did only pay 3, else you'd have proof of all 12....

I feel there is an element of discrimination . You haven't mentioned anything yet to suggest that, so feel free to add those details.

Not to mention the other extras i try to do to make her have special memories.
Those are not things you get paid for - they are simply your moral duty as a parent.

NOW, I really do need you to answer specifically, each numbered question below, in numbered order:

if I prepaid money several years ago for child support (1) To who? The custodial parent?

(2) Did you mark the checks as "for child support"?

and they owe me money (3) Who is "they"?

but used my evidecei broought to court (4) What evidence?

to use for him (5) Are you saying your evidence was better for "him" than you?

and they have garnished disability payments, (6) Whose disability? Yours?

(7) And who did the garnishing?

PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR ANSWERS AS #1-7, WHEN YOU RESPOND. THANKS!

Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 1 year ago.
Still awaiting your responses, so we can better assist you. Thanks!