schollomon, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney in Houston, Texas. I specialize in family,employment, personal injury and workers' compensation law.

Customer Question

my wife aboned our home and marriage 7 months ago. I have been seeing someone new and she is threatining to take all property as well as our home back. what are my rigts?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  schollomon replied 3 years ago.

schollomon :

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I have a few questions for you before I provide a response to your question. 1. What state do you and your wife reside in? 2. Did you and your wife obtain a legal separation or divorce? 3. When was your home purchased and in whose name is XXXXX XXXXX? After I recieve more information from you, I will provide a response to your question.

JACUSTOMER-ocj6wt41- :

We live in Illinois. No divorce or separation have been filed. The house was purchased in or around 2000, it is in both of our names but there also is a morgage on it.