Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My Grandson is 11 and he has been with us alot over the yrs.As

Customer Question

My Grandson is 11 and he has been with us alot over the yrs.As long as I can Remeber he has wanted to live with us.He makes good grades but he has ADD. He was seeeing a counseler about this but parents just stop.His meds are not filled on a regular bases.His dad is loyal to the young bro which is 4 all hugs and kisses and I love you.The Mom is the same way. My grandson sees and feels this.He has always been pushed aside.When the Dad found out she was pg with him he cried.He didnt want him he said this would take away from his other son (with another lady) My daughter wasnt so happy either.He is emotionaly abused. Hr got a Cat and loved iy so much.He said he tryed to potty train but with no help/They gave it away,he cryed for days.Now they want to get rid of his dog.He plays football,baseball basketball and has practices but still took care of his pets.Ive seen it with my on eyes.The last 2 weeks he has called begging me to do something he says he cant take it any more.Its really a bad thing I just dont know what to do for him.He wants to live with us I would love that but is there any way there is just so much more that has happen Please tell me what my legal rights as a grandmother
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hi

You would not have any standing or recourse unless one of the parents is deceased and the other will not allow visits or if the parents are divorced.

You would have to show abuse or neglect and then file for a guardianship or adoption.

I suggest, however, you can offer to take the dog and when your grandson comes to visit, he can also see his pet

I think I have answered all your questions; however, if not, please let me know.

Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask.

Otherwise, please rate this service below Good to Excellent so that I may get credit for my time and information. Thank You and good luck with everything

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thats all I want is for you to be truthful.Im very conserned about my grandson.He is ADD and the way he cries out to me over the yrs its just so serious now.Im trully affraid this child is going to hurt himself.He thinks his grandpa walkes on water and grandpa treats him bad.I just listen and watch at first I thought it was just me but my oldest daughter and her child ask why is pawpaw so mean to him.Like he will tell him I love you and say why wont you tell me pawpaw He yells so much at him,then he goes home and gets the same thing.He has a 4yr old brother that is so sweet but mom and dad gives all their attention.hugs and kisses when they get home and he just stands there I ask why dont you love on him reply is oh he will be ok this child is so much under stress.He also has an older bro and he is an athelete.they compare them but he just dont have any help from his dad at home to help inprove him.Seems like everything is just going against him and there is nothing i can do.I could go on and on but wont right now PLEASE help a grandparent before it is to late

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Again, it is unfortunate but if you want a guardianship and the parents will not allow it, then you have to show he is being abused or neglected

I suggest you can go to the court house and get the guardianship forms to file. But if the parents oppose it there is no other option

I am sure you do not want to call child protective services and get them involved unless there is abuse.

And I see that you have rated ME with BAD service. I am sure that was an error as I provided you true and correct information

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Again, I am not sure you understand the rating system. You really should not rate BAD because you dont get the answer you want to hear. We can only give true and correct information

And if you need more information, I can provide that. But a Bad rating is just unfair