Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

RA-ke

Customer Question

I was divorced in 2004 i have 2 sons at the time of divorce it was agreed between the 2 of us that there would be no child support. so the child support was held in abeyance. i gave her 50.00 a month and then 100.00 a month till 2009 at that time she said i did'nt need to pay her. From that point on if she needed money for the boys she called and i gave her the money. We split all non insurance medical bills. She makes about 110,000.00 a year and i"m retired with a job so my total income is 50,000.00 a year. The other day i received a notice saying she wants support for our 17yr old who will be 18 in july, my other son is 21. it is stated in the letter only for 2013.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 3 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Did the divorce decree provide for court ordered child support?
What type of "agreeement" did you have that would say no support?
Is she only asking for support until your child turns 18?
Is she asking for any back child support since you have been divorced?