Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.

If someone had a guardian-conservator which was years son after

If someone had a guardian-conservator which was years son after wife was in that role for 17 years and then divorced him. Son agreed to give his mother $500.00 per month in alimony. Now this man is declared to be able to handle own finances. What does he need to do to stop alimony. Wife received large settlement and able to support self.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

A person can file a Motion to Modify Alimony when there is a significant change in circumstances such that the spouse receiving support becomes self-supporting. This document has forms and instructions, which can be used to request either a reduction or a termination. It's designed for a person to file without a lawyer.

Please rate my service positively before signing out, as this is the only way that I get credit for the time I spend helping you. I hope that you are 100% satisfied - otherwise, please reply so we can continue the conversation. Good luck.