Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.
1. This is the agreement which somehow became an order that I supposedly agreed to which I did not but that is not the issue below this order find the agreement which I was made to sign by my x’s attorney before I could be released from jail for contempt of court. Forcing me to sign this was and is criminal and violates so many laws to many to name. Just wanted you to understand what I have been through just to see my children. Notice in line 2 the last part of that sentence “this court” well there was no court it was my x’s attorneys’ court period, no Judge has ever saw this or agreed with it. A matter a fact I have an order which states the opposite signed by the first Judge. Also according to what I have read imprisoning a contemnor for failure to pay a support debt based merely upon a finding of civil contempt, (and this was not a support debt at all) when he or she lacks the current ability to pay the full amount of the support arrearage, may violate S.C. Const. Art. I, § 19, which states “No person shall be imprisoned for debt except in cases of fraud.” If the court’s goal is to actually punish the payor for non compliance, it either needs to use criminal contempt sanctions (which afford the alleged contemnor much greater rights, such as the right to counsel, the right to remain silent, and the right to a jury trial if the incarceration period will be greater than six months) or use the criminal courts and prosecute the delinquent payor for failure to support a spouse or child under S.C. Code Ann § 63-3-20. If the court’s true goal is to use civil contempt to obtain payment and enforce compliance with support orders it needs to end the incarceration when the payor pays what he or she has the current ability to pay and then put the payor on an accelerated payment plan, using wage withholding when possible, on the remaining arrears. Using civil contempt to punish delinquent payors is an impermissible application of civil contempt. After reading please advise, it is crazy but all true I am not just spending money to have you read this and offer your opinion for because I have nothing better to do.
2. Lastly can a disabled person in SC be imprisoned without a doctor’s consent? I am a paraplegic and have been for a long time my health then as now is not good, just thought I would ask.
Attorney for Plaintiff: Attorney for Defendant: Guardian ad litem
Date of Hearing: March 24, 20..
This action came before the Court on the 24th day of March, 20.., at the appointed time of 11:00 a.m. Appearing on behalf of the Plaintiff was the Plaintiff,... and his attorney .... Appearing on behalf of the Defendant was the Defendant,... and her attorney . .......t was also present in his capacity as Guardian.
This matter came before the Court per the Order and Rule To Show Cause wherein the Defendant alleges that the Plaintiff has violated the terms of the Temporary Order.
Prior to taking any testimony, the parties announced to the Court that they had reached an agreement and stated the agreement as follows:
1. The Plaintiff shall make all payments related to the house, including the first mortgage and the second mortgage, and the homeowner’s insurance, current through Monday, May 10, 2010, and shall confirm the zero balances in writing to Defendant’s attorney through his attorney on or before Monday, May 10, 2010.
2. The Plaintiff shall confirm insurance coverage on the former marital home in writing through his attorney to the Defendant’s attorney on or before Monday, May 10, 20...
3. The Plaintiff’s visitation shall be allowed as recommended by Dr. ... the Plaintiff has an interview(s) with Dr. …, which will not include an evaluation at this time. The Plaintiff shall meet with Dr. .. prior to Monday, May 10, 20... After Dr. .. meets with the Plaintiff, Dr. ..may suggest contact or visitation that she deems appropriate with the children, and the Plaintiff and Defendant will cooperate with her recommendations regarding the contact and visitation.
4. That the Plaintiff shall pay the sum of $7,000.00 to the Defendant as reimbursement of her share of the $14,000.00 that the Plaintiff withdrew from a whole life insurance policy during the pendency of this action. This payment shall be made through his attorney to the Defendant’s attorney on or before Monday, May 10, 20...
FINDINGS OF FACT AND CONCLUSIONS OF LAW
Based upon the sworn testimony and evidence presented at the hearing, the Court finds the following salient facts exist and makes the following conclusions of law:
1. That this Court has personal and subject matter jurisdiction over the parties and subject matter of this action.
2. That the parties have entered into an agreement as set forth herein, and each party fully understands this agreement, entered into the agreement freely, voluntarily, knowingly, and willingly and without threat or coercion. Each party understands that he or she could be held in contempt if they violated the terms of this agreement.
WHEREFORE, it is Ordered:
That the Plaintiff is sentenced to six months in the Greenwood County Detention Center, however, he can purge himself upon compliance with the agreement as set forth herein. Should the Plaintiff fail to abide by the terms of the agreement as set forth herein, counsel for the Defendant shall submit an affidavit confirming the Plaintiff’s failure to comply, and and a bench warrant shall issue for the Plaintiff’s arrest.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
This is what my x’s attorney made me sign to be released which 95% of is not listed in the above:
her attorneys law firm pending the final distribution and shall be subject to
equitable distribution by this Court for attorney,' guardian's fees, and otherwise as
this Court sees fit.
personal property therein prior to release.
b. Husbans Dogs
C. Any and all of her jewelry, including but not limited to, rings, bracelets, watches,
necklaces earrings, and pins
D. Her clothing, books, suitcases
e. 2 hand guns that belonged to her father
f. Cherished Teddy Bear collection
g. Any other of her collectibles
h. Yellow storage container at Ken’s house
j. Silver flashlight
k. comforter set
l. Her stuffed animals
5. Husband can review, through his father, the items that are to be taken prior to their removal. The following property shall be held by wife but shall be restricted in that she shall not destroy, sell, or encumber:
a. jet ski
b. 21” silver trailer
C. 24’ boat w/trailer
d. White Lincoln car
e. Sons baseball pitching machine
f. children's ATV's
g. Kid's computers
h. Shawn's baseball cards
This entire agreement is subject to an inspection of any/all of her husband’s storage facilities, any/all storage buildings, every room in the his Taggard home, Maxwell property, his Abbeville property, the silver/black trailers behind the Taggard property and every room at Genesis (Kens Company).
This inspection will occur prior to release and prior to final property requests.
I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.
If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.
Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.
PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.
There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.
You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).