How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9311
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I find out if a familly member is wanted by Interpol

Customer Question

How can I find out if a familly member is wanted by Interpol in the US?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 4 years ago.
You can find out if a person is wanted by Interpol at

I hope this information is helpful.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I know that. But I also know this lists are not accurate and there are many people wanted that do not show in this lists of wanted persons. Or can you assure me that if his name does not show in this web site it is proof that he is not wanted? Or there is now red flag on him?

I have gone to this page several times with his complete information and the result is always "0".

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 4 years ago.
That is the only public web page that lists persons wanted by Interpol.

I cannot guarantee that Interpol's web site is accurate.

Another option would be to call the local Sheriff or police and ask them if there are any warrants out for him.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

But, being this an international case, would they have any information? Isn't this something that is managed only by Interpol? Do you know if there is any other way to find out directly with Interpol if there is such a Red Notice or Red Difussion on my nephew? Is there a way to submit this question to Interpol?


Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 4 years ago.
To contact Interpol by mail, fax or web mail, see
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Sir: your answers are not what I need. Everybody knows this you are telling me. I have done this before with no rep[onse. The question is: Can you find the information I need? Can you give me a certiofication that my nephew is not wanted by Interpol? That is what I need to know. And how much can this reponse cost? How long will it take you to get the answer?
Please tell me if you can do this or not. Thank you.


Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 4 years ago.

I cannot call Interpol for you even if I knew your nephew's name. This web site has rules that prevent me from making that kind of phone call.


If there is a US arrest warrant for him, the local Sheriff would know that.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My question is just this: can you or any other lawyer find out if there is a red notice on my nephew in Interpol? Of course we would pay for this service.

I already tried the local auhorities and they do not have anything on him. They tell me tif this is an international issue they would not know about it.


Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 4 years ago.
Interpol will tell you if you contact them.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So you cannot do this investigation? Is there any lawyer or expert you may know that would be willing to do this enquire for us?


Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 4 years ago.
We cannot recommend a specific attorney, but you can get a free consultation from some of the attorneys listed by location here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, thanks

Related Family Law Questions