joelaws8, Lawyer
Experience:  I can answer general family law questions regarding the family code and procedure.

Time Sensitive: Tomorrow morning, a LA DCFS is visiting to

Customer Question

Time Sensitive: Tomorrow morning, a LA DCFS is visiting to speak to my 6 year old son, the 3rd visit in an ongoing "investigation" due to an erroneous report placed by a neighbor surrounding an every-day disagreement between two adults, in which no children were involved by the way. I'm inclined to cooperate 100% as there is nothing to hide AND no one needs more drama..especially when "they hold the cards" as stated. I'm most concerned about what my son will think. Counsel?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  joelaws8 replied 3 years ago.
I am an attorney and am happy to help you with this.

I am sorry that you are going through this incredibly frustrating situation.

DCFS will send people trained in making this an easy process for your son. Hopefully, they will be kind and sympathetic to the situation and it will be painless.

In my opinion, you should tell your son that some nice people (that way he isn't afraid of them) are coming over to talk to us to look at our house (or something to that effect). After that, you should just go about business as usual.

I hope that answers your question If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,
Expert:  joelaws8 replied 3 years ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,