Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
45002201

To find out why/how a judge made its decision in the court

To find out why/how a judge made its decision in the court do you request minutes or do you have to request the transcript?

texlawyer :

Good evening. I'll be assisting you with your question.

texlawyer :

If you want to know what the judge said, you need to order a transcript. The minutes will only hit the high points (i.e. parties appeared, witnesses called, ultimate decision made by the judge, etc.)

texlawyer :

The judge should have put his/her reasoning for the order on the record, which will be in the transcript.

Customer:

got it. Do you think it would be good for the new G.A.L. to see that or is know the old G.A.L. said 50/50 SHOULD be in place enough? Transcripts can be pricey. More than willing to pay if needed though. The daughter should see her father more.

Customer:

haha...you would think. But he did not SAY. Mother said oh he hit me and he said well...then we will keep it as is for now.

texlawyer :

If it wasn't in the written order, then yes, that is the only way to get it.

Customer:

ok. Is there anything that can be done about that anyways? The mother has lied in court countless times, with evidence of such and has even forged documents that stated the father agreed to her having 100% custody/placement and that he would pay child support. He stated he did not sign those documents that she forged and they just said oh ok we will expunge those papers then. Mother didnt get any fine, jail time, or anything for this. They courts keep doing nothing about her blatant lies and sides with her.

Customer:

the courts*

texlawyer :

It is always possible to modify a custody order, especially if circumstance have changed for some reason. If there was fraud in the previous proceedings, that would be a sufficient justification to seek a modification.

texlawyer :

If the courts were aware of her lies and fraudulent activities during the first hearing, you would need some other change in circumstance to justify seeking a modification. Otherwise it might end up being a waste of your time and money.

Customer:

I guess what i am asking is, is there any one to go to about the courts being "dumb". This has been an on going battle for 4 years now with countless motions and letters with just as many slaps in the face. They will not even let the father talk. He is married, has 2 kids and 1 on the way. No criminal charges or history of violence just a mother that is holding a grudge.

texlawyer :

If the courts are making unreasonable decisions, your only recourse is through the appellate courts.

texlawyer :

An appellate court will review the decisions of the trial court to make sure they are legal and reasonable.

Customer:

Thank you! Have a good evening.