stevexo, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  30 years helping those with Family legal needs

Customer Question

Unhappy with divorce settlement. Time sensitive to revisit. Trying to find out what paperwork is needed to reopen the case. There is a two yr timeline to reopen, correct?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  stevexo replied 3 years ago.
31 years of family law litigation. Understanding of your concerns,and a good legal knowledge base. Please tell me what state this is in, as without that information no attorney could give you an answer. Thanks, Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  stevexo replied 3 years ago.
I cannot agree with this 2 year time limit, as the only two limits that could apply are a 30 day time limit for a motion to reconsider, and a 30 day time limit to appeal. You have well gone past any time limit which would allow you to either reconsider, or appeal the final judgment. Your only remedy is if you would be able to file a motion to modify final judgment. For this there is no time limit, and the basis of it is to establish a substantial change in circumstances since the time of the final judgment. Other than that I see no rule that could set this aside at this late date. Sincerely, Steve
Expert:  stevexo replied 3 years ago.
Dear Customer, I see that you have viewed my answer, yet have not given it a rating. Thus I assume you must have a question, or need me to expound on something I stated in my answer. Please let me know, as I do not receive any credit for my answer until you rate it. Sincerely,Steve