Meigs
Meigs, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I am well equipped to handle any family law problem you might have.
22589080

if im sueing my husband for divorce. on grounds of adultry.

Customer Question

if im sueing my husband for divorce. on grounds of adultry. i have no money was married 51 years. can i make him pay for the divorce.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Meigs replied 1 year ago.

meigs004 :

Hello, how are you today?

meigs004 :

So you are wondering if you can seek legal fees and court costs against your husband if you are pleading a fault divorce?

meigs004 :

Have you already filed?

Customer:

i have not done anything yet want advice i have no money

Customer:

he moved in with my neighbor

Customer:

he is paying my expenses ow. dont know how long he will continue

meigs004 :

Generally in your circumstances, you can absolutely file for divorce and seek that the other party pay the costs of the filing for divorce as well as your attorney's fee's, and any associated costs. It is very common for that to happen, especially in a fault divorce situation, if you are successful, for the court to award such fees. Also, with such a marriage, an attorney would definitely want to seek permanent alimony spousal support for the remainder of your life, as a 51 year marriage is plenty of time to establish a standard of living. Considering he is the one committing the adulterous acts, he does not have much of a leg to stand on.

Customer:

can i have the locks on my house changed?

Customer:

he will not give me the keys

meigs004 :

I can not give specific advice, but I do not see anything wrong with that if you choose to do so.

Customer:

thank you so very much.

meigs004 :

You are most welcome do you have any other questions/

Customer:

no thank you

meigs004 :

If not, please remember to provide the positive rating prior to exiting the chat by selecting the smiley face and submitting.

meigs004 :

If you would like me to clarify or elaborate on anything please let me know, and I wish you the best of luck!

Meigs, Family Law Attorney
Experience: I am well equipped to handle any family law problem you might have.