schollomon, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney in Houston, Texas. I specialize in family,employment, personal injury and workers' compensation law.

Is a divorce permissable whenever a spouse is pregnant, or

Is a divorce permissable whenever a spouse is pregnant, or is there a delay in the process?

schollomon :

Typically, in Texas, the judge will ask if there is any reason to believe the woman is pregnant before granting a divorce. If the parties have reason to believe the woman is pregnant, or if the woman is in fact pregnant, the court will typically not grant the divorce during the pregnancy.

schollomon :

Further, after the baby is born, Texas law presumes that the husband is the father as the baby was born during the marriage.

schollomon :

I hope this answers your question, and if you have any follow up questions, I would be happy to answer those as well.