Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years

Regarding a TAX Filing, Is my Employer going to get a refund

Regarding a TAX Filing, Is my Employer going to get a refund on the amount he paid taxes on my payroll?

Daniel Solutions :

Hello, Sometimes there may be a delay in receiving a reply from me as I work on creating the best solution to the question you have presented. The simple answer to your question is No. Payroll taxes must be withheld from an employee's paycheck. This is required by law. Employers must hand these withholdings over to various tax agencies

Daniel Solutions :

The employee portion of Social Security is reduced to 4.2% instead of 6.2%. This payroll tax holiday was legislated as part of the Tax Relief Act of 2010, which was then extended by HR 3765 and extended again by HR 3630. Starting 2013, the employee-portion of Social Security reverts back to the full 6.2%.