AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
66829710

when it comes down to deviding assets, such as their house.

when it comes down to deviding assets, such as their house. what is he facing and also he has raised the 4 chidren since 2005. she is currently incarcerate

AttyCBradford :

How long was the marriage?

AttyCBradford :

New York is NOT a community property state, so if the asset is in the party's name and they have solely paid for that asset, the other party will not have a claim for it

AttyCBradford :

example: if the house is in your name, and you have been paying for it, she will not be entitled to any portion of it.

AttyCBradford :

As far as raising the children since 2005, that will give you custody rights most likely and the right to file for child support, but it was have no affect on the property rights

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all your questions then please press accept and provide positive feedback, so I receive credit for my work. If not and you have additional questions please ask, and I will respond promptly. Please note: this is a PAID ANSWERING service, once your question has been answered, press accept. This conversation does not constitute an attorney-client relationship and is offered for informational purposes only. Lastly, sometimes it may take a moment to respond as I work with several customers at a time. Thank you and best of luck.