AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
66829710

The person that has lived with me since june of 2011 had a

The person that has lived with me since june of 2011 had a court hearing for contempt on jan 8 2013. from that hearing he was sentenced to 45 days or $2000. he has had doctors note since sept of 2011 since he got sick. doctor has wrote him off of work a year ago and he has filled for ss disablity . in court her lawyer said that that he could have made the notes himself. when he said the number is XXXXX the paper the judge said it was not their job. his ex wife lawyer said that maybe I needed to get a job. all the papers and things he had wrote the court to talk about before going in the judge would not hear a thing. some how we have to get away from this judge and this changed I just dont know how.

thanks so much

AttyCBradford :

Hello! I am sorry to hear about your situation. You will need to file a motion to recuse the judge. Essentially you are removing the judge for cause because you believe that the judge is not being fair and has a bias against you

AttyCBradford :

Here is a sample motion you can look at http://wvgazette.com/static/coal%20tattoo/thornsburymotion.pdf

AttyCBradford :
Customer:

so I'm assuming that them trying to get me to pay for his child support is not right.

AttyCBradford :

Let me understand ... you just live with him? Aren't married or dating?

AttyCBradford :

And no you have no obligation to support another child, if it is not yours, even if you were married to him.

Customer:

no to both and they have been saying that we have been in a relationship since the first court date.

Customer:

harassing the situation

AttyCBradford :

Well then you have absolutely no duty to a minor child that belongs to him. It sounds like this is a very complicated issue. I would recommend filing a motion to change the judge and possibly consider hiring an attorney if you don't have one

Customer:

I cant afford to pay for one. that the problem

AttyCBradford :

I understand, I would file the motion that i have provided the sample of. There is no grounds for you to pay for his child support

AttyCBradford :
Customer:

thanks

AttyCBradford :

You are welcome... please don't forget to press accept and provide positive feedback or I will not get credit for my work

AttyCBradford :

best of luck if you need anything further feel free to request me to assist you