Floridalegalanswer
Floridalegalanswer, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I am an attorney licensed in Florida capable of answering your legal questions in the area of Florida Family Law
12212663

Is it likely I can win a rent imputation for my ex who is living

Is it likely I can win a rent imputation for my ex who is living rent free for over 15 months in a 1.5 million former residence when he had previously asked the court to appliy a rent freee imputation as income for me and was granteded it

Floridalegalanswer :

Hi there! Yes, I think that since the Court granted his request to impute income to you for living rent free it is only fair to impute income to your ex for living rent free.

Floridalegalanswer :

The Court is generally supposed to treat you both equally under the law, so if the Court imputed income to you for living rent free, they should impute income to your ex for living rent free.

Floridalegalanswer :

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need any clarification. Otherwise, please Accept and Rate my answer. Thank you and Good Luck!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
To amend my previous motion, because I confused petitioner and respondent do I have to go through the whole serving process agin? If so how many court days if I am mailing and it is out of state? Do I need to get that into the court in x number of days then serve my ex with court stamped documents?
Hi again,

No, generally you only have to actually "serve" your ex once at the very beginning of the case. After he has been officially "served", then you only have to mail him the documents.
So, to file an amended Motion, you would just file the Amended Motion with the Court and Mail a copy to your ex.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need any clarification. Thank you and Good Luck!