Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

My divorce decree provides that I am entitled to 50% of my

My divorce decree provides that I am entitled to 50% of my ex-husband's retirement income from his employer. A QUDRO was signed by the Judge at our divorce (17 years ago). My ex-husband's employer sent me a letter giving me 60 days to provide them an ORIGINAL Order with an original Judge's signature. I have no idea how to get this. Can anyone help?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
You should be able to contact the court clerk where the judgment was entered and obtain a certified copy from the clerk that will fulfill the requirements. A certified copy has all the same authority as an original and the clerk can stamp it and sign it to give it that legal standing. You can then submit it as an original copy. This is done in the event that a judge has passed or retired..
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.