Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

The paperwork I have for the Motion doesnt have a spot for

The paperwork I have for the Motion doesn't have a spot for a court date (show cause hearing) - its just a generic Motion form. However, I do have a blank form from before that is the Order to Show Cause and Temporary Order Adopting Interim Parenting Plan......it is the Motion page then a separate one for Show Cause.....where can I get something different?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for requesting me.

No, you can have the same notice for that one filing. Parties in your situation may simply wish to modify what you have to reflect that the notice is for the "motion for temporary order for interim parenting plan and to order to show cause."

IMPORTANT INFO: I hope this finds you well. Please use REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and SUBMIT, because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups free after rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

For the order is it ok for it to be "order to show cause for temporary order adopting interim parenting plan"? Then after the hearing the Judge decides whether to grant the Interim Parenting Plan I have submitted?

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Jeanine,

Yes, that is how it works.

You provide the Court with a proposed order (which is your "order to show cause for temporary order adopting interim parenting plan"), which the Court will sign if it agrees with your motion.

If it does not agree with your motion, then it will not sign the order, or, will modify it (or ask you to submit an order) to reflect what what the Court has decided.

Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.