LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney

Can you please give me the formula for a downward deviation

Can you please give me the formula for a downward deviation in child support? I currently pay approximately 20% of my income in a 50/50 parenting arrangement for one child. I also pay all the health premiums.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 3 years ago.
Evening. The statute that pertains to this is 750 ICLS 5/505 a.1.Your state has alot of specific case law,.beginning with the Garrett case of thirteen years ago amd goimg from there. If you can give me more specifics as to downward modification issues I can better address this issue. Of course,.i.have to keep my information general so please keep that in mind when you respond...along with the fact this is a public forum. I wil check back with you tomorrow.I am thinking ypu should reference the DuPage county bar association as they have an informative article on this.It is volume 16 of 2003/2004. As ypu will see,.there are factors considered but nothing statutorily set in stone so to speak...again I will check in tomorrow.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 3 years ago.
Please let me know if you have any more questions on support.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 3 years ago.
Cathleen, just checking in to see if you had any other questions regarding your family law case. I also am an expert in consumer protection and estate law. Please request me by typing LEGALGEMS in the title. I look forward to hearing from you.
Take care.