RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

i apply to get extras pages in my pasport but they put a hold

i apply to get extras pages in my pasport but they put a hold on it because arears on child support it been over a month i paid the arears and still they do not clear the hold how much longer i need to wait
Thank you for your question.

There actually is no set time period for home long it can take. According to passport services, it should take two to three weeks from the time they are notified for your name to be removed from the list.

Have you checked with the child support agency to ensure that they have reported your payment? When payment is made, the process is that the child support agency reports the payment to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). HHS then removes your name from the list and reports to the Department of State that payment arrangements have been made. Passport Services receives the updated list from HHS and then must verify the information. It's 2-3 weeks from that point before your name is cleared.

I would recommend you contact the office of the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) at 1-800-487-2778, or make an appointment at a regional passport agency to find out the status.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions or need further information, as I am here to help.