Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Hello any one there?

Hello any one there?

FiveStarLaw :

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

FiveStarLaw :

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am a New York licensed attorney. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

FiveStarLaw :

Your son has the right to stay in his home.

FiveStarLaw :

His wife cannot remove him from the home without a court action

Customer:

She keeps telling him to leave because the baby needs the stability of her own home.

Customer:

Can she lie and say he is abusive to get a court order?

FiveStarLaw :

Yes that is a possibility. Your son may want to petition the court for an order of exclusive occupancy of the house and temporary custody of his child

Customer:

OK, to do that does he have to get a lawyer? If so how much do you think that will cost him? Money is tight.

FiveStarLaw :

The law does not require that your son retain an attorney. However it is highly advisable as an attorney will typically have the knowledge and experience to protect your son's best interest. Additionally, since your daughter-in-law makes twice as much money as your son, your son can request attorneys fees and temporary alimony

FiveStarLaw :

Of course an attorney would best know how to make this request.

Customer:

Wow... they is a relief. Thank you very much!

FiveStarLaw :

It is my pleasure. I wish you and your family a very happy new year.

Customer:

Happy New Year and I will give you an Excellent rating.

FiveStarLaw :

Thank you.