Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

If I had a my initial child support case that stated I was

If I had a my initial child support case that stated I was suppose to pay a certain amount of money, in which my total Gross was taken in accoutablilty without the explanation that I'm not guarenteed 80hr every two weeks, and my bonuses were also added. 1. Will I be able to have that modified. 2. Will I be able to have my back child support retrograted to the corrected amount. 3. If so, will I be able to get a credit for my overpayment of Child Support.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

If I had a my initial child support case that stated I was suppose to pay a certain amount of money, in which my total Gross was taken in accoutablilty without the explanation that I'm not guarenteed 80hr every two weeks, and my bonuses were also added. 1. Will I be able to have that modified.
Typically yes the amount of support would be subject to modification to reflect your actual earnings

2. Will I be able to have my back child support retrograted to the corrected amount.
Not usually – typically only future child support will be modified

3. If so, will I be able to get a credit for my overpayment of Child Support.

To ask for a modification to start and second do I need a lawyer to represent me when I have my hearing.
You are not required to be represented by an attorney in a modification. That said it is typically best to retain counsel as your attorney will typically have the experience and knowledge necessary to obtain the best result

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.