LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

my sons on va medicaid . I haev him on my insurranece at my

my sons on va medicaid . I haev him on my insurranece at my job at 315.00 a month,,,,,, do i get thsi credit in child support calculation
Evening. This would be something you would bring up to the judge; insurance premiums for children are called "add -ons", and often times each parent pays 50% of this amount, so the paying parent requests the non-paying parent to pay them their 50% portion, or the judge deducts that from the CS award. If your son is on medicaid though, the judge may say additional insurance is not necessary and may decide that if you choose to keep it you will be responsible for the full amount. Alternatively, the judge may have the parents inform medicaid of the availability of this insurance, and your son may be removed from medicaid.