Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My niece is currently living in Twin Falls, Idaho, USA. She

My niece is currently living in Twin Falls, Idaho, USA. She and her husband were married in Canada. They have been separated for ten or more years and now she wants a divorce. They have two children and she has never received child support. My question is: is it possible to obtain a divorce (with possible child support and custody) from Idaho without traveling to Canada numerous time? Also, her funds are very limited, will she need to retain a US attorney and/or a Canadian attorney? Thank you. Patricia  [email protected]

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for the question.

Even though they were married in Canada, if either or both of them reside is in the United States (Idaho or any other state), they can get divorced in their home county and state.

There should be no need to return to Canada for a divorce. Thus, she can see a local attorney about getting this accomplished.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Kirk,

That answers my question. Thank you for your help.

No problem. Glad to help!