How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31660
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My niece is currently living in Twin Falls, Idaho, USA. She

This answer was rated:

My niece is currently living in Twin Falls, Idaho, USA. She and her husband were married in Canada. They have been separated for ten or more years and now she wants a divorce. They have two children and she has never received child support. My question is: is it possible to obtain a divorce (with possible child support and custody) from Idaho without traveling to Canada numerous time? Also, her funds are very limited, will she need to retain a US attorney and/or a Canadian attorney? Thank you. Patricia  [email protected]

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for the question.

Even though they were married in Canada, if either or both of them reside is in the United States (Idaho or any other state), they can get divorced in their home county and state.

There should be no need to return to Canada for a divorce. Thus, she can see a local attorney about getting this accomplished.

Roger and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



That answers my question. Thank you for your help.

No problem. Glad to help!