AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
66829710

I have file in the state of california the dissolution of

Customer Question

I have file in the state of california the dissolution of my marriage on April 26, 2012 . I have a court conference hearing date this week how I can ask the judge that I need to get divorce on that date there is a document that I need to present to the Judge . So I can get divorce on that Date.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 1 year ago.

AttyCBradford :

when you file your FINAL judgment or the judge issues the final divorce decree you ask for the divorce to be effective as of that date. There has to be a reason though. What is the reason you want to be divorce on a specific date?

Customer:

I just will like to happend soon my Husband has a lot of legal issue and I do not want to be legal connected to him.

Customer:

Do I need to file an extra document for that so the Judge Issue the final divorce decree.

AttyCBradford :

Once you have a final hearing on the matter, if you and your ex agree you can file an agreement, otherwise there will need to be a trial and then after the trial you will submit a judgment form

AttyCBradford :

If i have answered all your questions please press accept and provide positive feedback so I can assist another customer and receive credit for my work. If not and you have additional questions please feel free to ask and I will repsond promptly

Customer:

Could I get divorce and then continuo with a Trial.

Customer:

Since we do not have any agreement yet and will take time to agree in one.

AttyCBradford :

you would have to file what is called a motion to bifurcate. It would grant you a divorce as far as being a single person and the assets and things would be decided at a later date

AttyCBradford :
Customer:

This Motion to bifurcate can be prepared by me with legal help.

AttyCBradford :

yes

AttyCBradford :

here is a link to information on it

AttyCBradford :

http://www.cadivorce.com/california-divorce-guide/pre-trial-pre-settlement/motion-for-bifurcation-get-divorced-sooner/

AttyCBradford :

Just fill out an FL-300 and then fill out this and attach it

AttyCBradford :

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl315.pdf

AttyCBradford :
Customer:

I have a Family - Law Attorney who see not to respond to my petition about getting divorce soon when I see her in court on the date of the hearing how could I ask if she has the documentation ready to presented to the judge any way she is paid in full and I start to believe she is now in my husband side since is not keeping me inform of what is going on?

Customer:

What is your best advice to me ?

AttyCBradford :

i would prepare the bifurcation paperwork I just gave you and take it with you to court. You can fire your attorney if you don't feel as though she is on your side

AttyCBradford :
Customer:

Thanks for your Advice.

AttyCBradford :

you're welcome please don't forget to rate my answer and accept it

AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience: Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My Attorney E- mail me and she says I can get the dissolution of my marriage unless my husbans agree he filed his response to my petition with the defende that my marriage was a fraud.

Could you tell me if this is the Law since I hire an attorney to divorce me not to prove in a trial that my marry was real which it was.

I believe for my husband to say that he need to have a good reason in order to request for a trial for this matter.

In the state of California the parties do NOT have to agree. If one party wants the divorce they file for dissolution (petition for dissolution) and generally it is based on irreconicable differences. After that, if the parties agree then there is a settlement agreement finalized. If they don't agree they will go to trial.

The issue of fraud doen't seem relevant. Did you file for divorce on the grounds that your divorce was a fraud?