N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983

this durable POA was signed before she went to prison the

Customer Question

this durable POA was signed before she went to prison the first time. Her last name was different then she has since married and divorced two other times. We are wanting to get the grandchildren placed in our home however we live in a different state. We did not know if this is still a valid power of attorney. she has never revoked the power of attorney that she gave her dad.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 3 years ago.
In which State was the POA signed?

Did it specify that you could take possession of her children if needed?

Was the POA notarized?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There was no mention of children in the papers. And yes the papers were notarized and filed at the court house. He had already been given custody of the only grandchild (at the time ) by the court. The power of attorney was signed and notarized in kentucky .
The Kentucky statute provides that the POA remains in force until it is revoked. So my answer is that the POA is still valid.

Please let me know if I have not answered your question prior to rating my answer.