Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

"that the mere act(s) of engaging in Alienating Behavior can

"that the mere act(s) of engaging in Alienating Behavior can in effect equate to the actual condition of Alienation in its own right."

Referring to what statues, is that statement
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 1 year ago.

Hi Miriam,
I'm not quite sure what you're asking but am happy to try and help if possible.
Can you please tell me the context behind your question and the source of the quoted statement?
Thanks!
Ben

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A lawyer said that in response to a custodial; parentbehavior & attitude towards non-custudial parent.

statues related???

Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 1 year ago.

Hi Miriam,

Thanks for writing back -- good to hear from you.

I have opted out (without charge).

Your question is open for the other Legal Experts to review.

I wish you the very best with your case.

Take care and have a good weekend,

Ben

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
I see that the other expert opted out.

Why do you believe that this is language from a statute?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What defines alienation from parental alienation

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
Parental alienation is a subdiagnosis of alienation. However, are you asking about the psychological ramifications of alienation? If so, that is a question for a different set of experts.

This question was classified as a Legal question. Do you want me to chance the category?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

" Parental alienation is a subdiagnosis of alienation." HUH????

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
I think you are wanting something better explained by a psych. I will switch this question to that category.
Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Actually, what is called "Parental Alienation Syndrome" is not a diagnosis as it is not in the DSM and is not recognized as a medical condition in the scientific communities. It is, however, commonly used in family court in efforts to fight over custody of a child.

Since it is a made up condition, it is not referenced in any statutes. However, in Florida, one factor considered in determining a child's best interests is each parent's willingness to encourage and support a relationship between the child and the other parent, to honor a time-sharing schedule, and to be reasonable when changes occur. This is in Title VI, Chapter 61, Section 13(3)(a).

Do you have any other questions?
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience: I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence