How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Huband, Esq. Your Own Question
S. Huband, Esq.
S. Huband, Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1627
Experience:  Experienced, and knowledgeable family law attorney.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Huband, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

My sons father is suing me for over $11,000 for reimbursment for day care and medical costs dating back to 2009. He is also suing me for his attorney fees. The judge on 11/27 postponed the case for 3 weeks and told me to get an attorney. I dont make alot to afford a private and a make to much to qualify for a legal aid. Where can I find an attorney who can work with me on a payment plan or pro bono? I was a victim of domestic violence from this man in the past and I am in desperate need of help.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Huband, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to assist you! If you find my response helpful, please rate it positively so that I can receive credit for my work.

Q) Where can I find an attorney who can work with me on a payment plan or pro bono?

First, I'm sorry to hear about the situation you're in. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to make referrals to specific attorneys on this site, if that's the type of help you need. You already listed many resources I would have suggested, including legal aid. The only other one I would suggest would be the NJ State Bar Attorney Referral Service. They might be able to help.

What about his claim? Is it solid? Do you believe you owe the money? If so, why not try to resolve the claim without going to court? In other words, if you believe you owe the money anyway, call and see if you can negotiate, set up a payment plan, something to avoid being sued, having a judgment against you, possible marking your credit down, etc.

I'm sorry for this very difficult situation, and I wish I could come up with a magic solution for you. I hope this issue resolves favorably toward you. Take care,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I already contacted them. I sent in a $30 payment to recieve referrals.

Related Family Law Questions