Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband and I started a business 1992. This has been mostly

Customer Question

My husband and I started a business 1992. This has been mostly a place for my husband to provide electrical services or a job , we do not have any employees. We file taxes under S Corporation. I have been performing bookkeeping, errands to the post office and bank every day. Even though checks to the company may take up to four months to receive them. I go every day to the post office. I have given a lot of accounting work to our accountant. They follow up on taxes, quarterly reports and payments. My husband does the billing, but he procrastinates or even sometimes just do not charge. I am tired of this trend because it puts a lot of responsability dealing with the people that we have to pay. e.g. phone, utilities, etc. The office is in the basement of our home. There is not heat and gets more difficult to sit here dealing with the cold. So, my question to you is how do I pull myself from this corporation. The easiest, fastest and cheapest. My husband and I have talk about it. He is not too happy and he said I am not allowed to take any money after December 31.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 4 years ago.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Are you wanting a divorce or just to stop working in the business?

I'm not certain of your goals.