lwpat
lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
15417118

CAN THE PATERNAL GRANDMOTHER TAKE AWAY MY LEGAL RIGHTS? AND

CAN THE PATERNAL GRANDMOTHER TAKE AWAY MY LEGAL RIGHTS? AND BECAUSE SHE HAS BEEN LOCO PARENTIS FOR 15MNTHS, DO I EVEN STAND A CHANCE AT CUSTODY??? I FILED FOR CUSTODY THEN SHE NCOUNTER FILED...
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET, your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service.

Why does she have custody?

Is there a current court order in place?

Where is the father?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we never went to court(originally) it was a verbale agreement that she would care for sammie while i went into detox at mercy fitz crisis unit. the way i understood it, she would care for sammie untill i was well, i havent used in a little over a year. .
I'm not sure there is a court order, as i said we never went to court for anything except to prove iwas on ssi and couldnt pay support.

Sammie's dad is max ad he is basically homeless he suffers from chronic depression after the death of our son anthony. but he is not using anymore....

If you have a stable lifestyle and can properly care for your child, then there is no reason that you cannot now get custody back since I would assume that there is some type of court order since there was an action for child support. If there is no court order, you can simply go and get the child since you are the parent. However, since there are court filings it would be better to show to the court that you are now a fit parent and can properly care for the child.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i can prove that i havent been using, i can show that i have a stable enviorment. BUT pgm is saying she has the right to make all sammie major decisions i.e. doctor appointments (w/o telling me) registering her (sammie) for 45 hours of daycare a week..NO HAS A JOB. when i was told about this i right away said no thats too long a day, i was totally dismissed as if i had said nothing. what are my rights???????

You have the right to file in court for custody of your child. Unfortunately without an attorney to properly represent you it is difficult in family court to present your case. I have no idea of the current status of any court action and this forum is limited to answering general questions. Possibly you can find some low cost legal aid in your area.