Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.

What if she was a stay at home mom for the last three of of

What if she was a stay at home mom for the last three of of the six years of marriage. She has a degree in business and can make well over the minimum wage for CA.  Will there be a possibility I will have to pay alioney?

If the two of you agreed that she would stay home to raise the children, that does make it more likely that you would have to pay something, but only temporarily, until she finds a job - it likely wouldn't be more than a year or two, and you could ask the judge to order her to provide proof that she was actually looking. Being a stay-at-home mom is a luxury, not a right, and the judge won't order you to support her indefinitely just because she prefers not to work. We all prefer not to work (at least not because we have to).

Please rate my service positively before signing out, as this is the only way that I get credit for the time I spend helping you. I hope that you are 100% satisfied - otherwise, please reply so we can continue the conversation. Good luck.